Do you have a YouTube channel and you are looking for ways to delete or remove videos from your channel? If you are then you are in the right place. In this article, I will be guiding readers on how to remove YouTube videos from your YouTube channel. Creating or setting a YouTube channel is very easy. Uploading videos to your channel also is easy. But however, one thing YouTube channel owners have always found difficult is how to remove videos they uploaded to their very own channels. The steps and procedures in removing videos from your YouTube channel is easy but only if you know how to go about it. Luckily for you, I have got you covered.
How To Remove YouTube Videos From Your YouTube Channel
On the YouTube platform, here is something users should know. You can delete any video you upload. Do you know that there are some YouTube channel holders who think that this is actually not true? Well, with the steps and procedures in this article today, you will learn how to remove videos from your YouTube channel if the need arises. Whatever the reason for you needing to delete a video you uploaded to your channel on YouTube, you can. Maybe you inherited the said channel from another user or the said video is no longer serving its purpose, it is removable and I will show you how.
Steps On Deleting Videos From Your YouTube Channel
When you delete a video on YouTube, the said video cannot be recovered. Therefore it wise to back up the said video file just in case you need it for future references. To delete your YouTube video, follow the steps below;
- Firstly, sign in to the YouTube studio here.
- Select videos from the left menu of the YouTube studio after signing in.
- Locate the video you would like to delete and select more.
- From the more menu, click on delete forever.
- You will need to check the box to confirm you want to delete your video permanently.
- Lastly, select on delete forever.
- Open YouTube and sign in.
- Tap on the library tab.
- Select my videos.
- Select more, next to the video you want to delete and tap on delete.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Select ‘library’ and tap on the ‘my videos’ tab.
- Locate the video you want to delete and select more.
- Lastly, tap on delete.
When you follow the stipulated steps above, you will successfully delete any video from your YouTube channel. Note that when you delete a video on YouTube, the URL of that video will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube analytics together with the video title. Data also associated with the said video such as watch time and others will still be part of aggregate reports. But the data will not be attributed to the video deleted.
How To Replace A Video On YouTube
However when it comes to replacing a video on your YouTube channel, unfortunately, this is not possible. This is because any new video you upload onto YouTube get s a new URL. Since you can’t replace a video on YouTube, there are however some things or ideas you can try out. You can, however;
- Try changing a video title, the description, and the privacy settings.
- You can also make YouTube video enhancements to your video or add a card to your video to direct users to an updated version of the video.