Maturity is not measured by age, it is an attitude built by experience.
Here are 10 traits of a mature person.
1. Comfortable being alone: They are comfortable being alone and do not always need friends or people around them.
2. Accept differences: They accept that everyone is different and will have different opinions. They don’t need everyone to think or act the way they do.
3. Emotional independence: They are not financially or emotionally dependent on their parents. They tend to make their own life decisions.
4. Treat others well: They do not look down on anyone or make fun of someone because that is not how they get their self-esteem. They already have confidence in themselves.
5. Take responsibility: They don’t blame others for their failures and try to take responsibility for how to improve the situation instead of complaining.
6. Listening rather than speaking: They have two ears and one mouth and they use them in that proportion.
7. Honesty: They do not try to deceive or manipulate others to obtain benefits. They put their wishes on the table and it’s okay if other people walk away.
8. Mature Conversations: They like to talk about deep and meaningful topics about life and nature with a sense of wonder and curiosity.
9. Never cling: They don’t cling emotionally to people and if someone is not the right fit for them they are not afraid to let go.
10 They aren’t impulsive: They don’t chase money or that new car or someone, they know where true happiness is.