Google Digital Skill For Africa
The Google Digital Skill For Africa is a course that is taken online (an online course). The learning and the specific course you would want to do are all done online, on the internet. This makes it easier for Google to reach out to more young people across the continent of Africa. The platform is also referred to as a Grow with Google Programme.
Google lets you learn a digital market to help you grow your business and career at your own pace. This is because the Google Digital Skill For Africa has flexible and personalized training courses that have been designed to build your confidence and help you thrive. The Google Digital Skill For Africa helps the trainees;
- Discover tools to make their business succeed online or otherwise.
- Improve your interview skills.
- Prepare for the career that they want.
Although Google Digital Skill For Africa maybe for young people, there is no restriction to this category of people. That is to say, it does not matter if you are a student, businessman/ businesswoman, or a worker.
Firstly all you need do is choose a particular you want to learn from Google. After picking out the course you want, you move on to creating your own unique learning plan on your computer or mobile device (smartphone or tablet). Track your progress and receive an accredited certificate that can help you boost your profile (on linked In or any other online profiles) and CV.
You may wonder what this digital skill Google has brought to Africa is all about. It is necessary for everyone to be digitally equipped and have at least the basic skills to enjoy greater convenience and participate meaningfully in the digital society.
Digital skill is the knowledge and ability to determine information needs from digital technology sources and to use digital tools and facilities appropriately to input, access, integrate, organize, and also access digital resource as well as to construct new knowledge. Some of the basic digital skills are Using devices and handling information, communicating, transacting, being safe and responsible online and creating and editing. The use of digital skills is important in the sense that;
- Digital skills can increase business productivity.
- Digital skills can provide new ways of working.
- Digital skills can help increase revenue.
- Digital skills allow business to build customer relationships.
- Digital skills can help to develop a competitive edge and also new ways of working.
These are some of the benefits and importance of digital skills.
Google Digital Skill For Africa Course
Here on the Google Digital Skill For Africa platform, you get to learn digital skills for free. All you need do is sign up for your training online with Google and get to meet with experts online. There are several digital skills to acquire from the Google Digital Skill For Africa platform. These courses are over a hundred. Some of these courses have certification at the end of the learning course duration. Here are some of the courses, the course duration and the ones with certification;
- Get a business online- 3 hours
- Make sure customers find you online- 3 hours
- Promote a business with online advertising- 3 hours
- Expand business to other countries- 1 hour
- Connect with customer over mobile- 1 hour
- Promote a business with content- 3 hours
- Understand customers’ needs and online behaviors- 1 hour
- Build confidence with self-promotion- 1 hour
- How to enhance and project your online campaign- 7 hours
- Land your next job- 1 hour
- Understand the basics of code- 1 hour
- How to increase productivity at work- 1 hour
- Understand the basics of machine learning- 1 hour
- Improve your online business security- 1 hour
- Intro to digital wellbeing- 1 hour
- Effective networking- 1 hour
- Business communication- 1 hour
- Communicate your ideas through storytelling and design- 1 hour
- Speaking in public- 1 hour
- Organizational design: Know your organization- 27 hours
- Strategic innovation: Building and sustaining innovative organizations- 15 hours
- The science of wellbeing- 19 hours
- Social psychology- 40 hours
- Think again III: How to reason inductively- 14 hours
- Google cloud platform fundamentals: Core infrastructure- 11 hours
- Google cloud platform big data and machine learning fundamentals- 11 hours
- Machine learning crash course- 15 hours
- Elements of AI- 30 hours
- Technical support fundamentals- 19 hours
- Customer segmentation and prospecting- 10 hours
- Fundamentals of graphic design- 14 hours
- Conflict transformation- 15 hours
- Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence- 24 hours
- Foundations of Everyday Leadership- 15 hours
- Securing Digital Democracy- 17 hours
- English for Career Development- 22 hours
- Computational Thinking for Problem Solving- 34 hours
- Preparing to Manage Human Resources- 19 hours
- Influencing People- 13 hours
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)- 12 hours
- Model Thinking- 32 hours
- Business Writing- 13 hours
- Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4- 31 hours
- Organizational Design and Management- 32 hours
- Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals- 13hourxs
- Research Proposal: Initiating research- 12 hours
- Introduction to Cybersecurity for Business- 13 hours
- Python Basics- 16 hours
- Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments- 14 hours
- Content, Advertising & Social IMC- 8 hours
- High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation- 14 hours
- Exploring and Preparing your Data with BigQuery- 9 hours
- Think Again II: How to Reason Deductively- 12 hours
- Basics of Inclusive Design for Online Education- 14 hours
- Enterprise System Management and Security- 12 hours
- Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills- 14 hours
- Software Development Processes and Methodologies- 18 hours
- Improving Communication Skills- 11 hours
- Design Thinking for Innovation- 10 hours
- Design Thinking for the Greater Good: Innovation in the Social Sector- 14 hours
- Marketing in a Digital World- 30 hours
- Cloud Computing Concepts, Part 1- 38 hours
- What is Social- 9 hours
- Kotlin for Java Developers- 19 hours
- Initiating and Planning Projects- 7 hours
- SQL (Structure Query Language) for Data Science- 20 hours
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity- 3 hours
- Giving Helpful Feedback- 7 hours
- Fundamentals of Network Communication- 6 hours
- Database Management Essentials- 29 hours
- Instructional Design Foundations and Applications- 24 hours
- What is Data Science?- 6hours
- Decision Making in a Complex and Uncertain World- 35 hours
- Getting Started with Agile & Design Thinking- 16 hours
- Intro to TensorFlow for Deep Learning- 70 hours
- Logical and Critical Thinking- 32 hours
- Using Creative Problem Solving- 12 hours
- Team Coaching- 6 hours
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance- 12 hours
- Introduction to Python Programming- 25 hours
- Version Control with Git- 30 hours
- Introduction to Cybersecurity- 35 hours
- SQL (Structure Query Language) for Data Analysis- 30 hours
- Build Native Mobile Apps with Flutter- 10 hours
- Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers- 30 hours
- Developing Android Apps with Kotlin- 50 hours
- Android Developer- 630 hours
- Junior Web Developer- 400 hours
- Salesforce Developer- 750 hours
- Front-end Developer- 750 hours
- Learn how to learn- 6 hours
- Understanding the web- 4 hours
- Think like a computer: the logic of programming- 8 hours
- Which digital job is made for you?- 2 hours
- Develop your career plan- 6 hours
- Build a sales strategy for your freelance business- 8 hours
- Host a design thinking workshop- 15 hours
- Learn about Agile project management and SCRUM- 15 hours
- Build your first web pages with HTML and CSS- 10hours
- Learn Python basics for data analysis- 12 hours
- Improve your soft skills- 24 hours
- Use Google to Get a New Job- 6 hours
- Manage a Project with Digital Tools- 7 hours
- Use Digital Tools for Everyday Task- 7hours
- Communicate Effectively at Work- 8 hours
- Negotiate Your Salary- 1 hour
- Build Your Online Business- 8 hours
- Give and Receive Feedback- 1 hour
- Plan Effective Meetings- 1 hour
- Start a CV- 1 hour
- Edit Your CV- 1 hour
- Prepare For Your Business Plan- 1 hour
- Connect and Collaborate Anywhere with Digital Tools- 1 hour
- Write a Business Plan- 1 hour
- Send Professional Emails- 1 hour
- Google Ads Search- 3 hours
- Google Ads Display- 2 hours
- Google Ads- Measurement (3 hours)
- Shopping Ads- 3 hours
- Google Ads Video- 3 hours
- Prepare for the G Suite Certification Exam- for 9.5 hours and a free certification at the end of the course.
- Grasshopper: Learn to Code- 11 hours
- Fundamentals of digital marketing- for 40 hours and a free certification at the end of the course.
These courses are grouped under different categories. They are types, course length (duration), certification, course provider, and course difficulty.
Google Digital Skill For Africa Partners
There are partners joining hands with Google to make the platform work. Some of these partners are listed out below;
- Mind The Gap
- Konverge Media
- Africa 118
- Digital Republic
The Ajira digital program is the strategic partner and the rest are the training partners.
Google Digital Skill For Africa Training
Getting your Google digital skills training can be done online and offline. The training are offered in-person (which is the offline training) and online. The trainings are also available in three different languages which are the English, Portuguese and French languages. The contents are very highly tailored for job seekers and small and medium-sized businesses.
The online training can be done at the trainee’s pace. This is the flexible option. The trainees can learn at their own speed, unlock badges and also receive a certificate of proficiency. The offline option is not so flexible. The offline course are delivered to the trainees via the training partners across Africa. The course and trainings can be delivered through live lectures or/ and through prerecorded video tutorials and notes (pdf) which can be easily downloaded. Offline trainees also have the opportunity to get post-training resources from the training partners to further their learning.
Google Digital Skill For Africa Login
To start off your training with Google in the particular course or courses you want to gain a skill, you first must apply by signing up/ register for the free Google Digital Skills for Africa online marketing course. Registering for this does not require any long process or consume your time. It is very quick and easy.
You can either register with your Google account (that is if you had one before now or want to create one) or with your active email. Read on to learn the steps you need to follow in order to register with the Google Digital Skills For Africa.
The steps to follow are;
- Open the browser on your device.
- Enter learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills into the space bar for URL. The homepage for Google Digital Skills for Africa.
- Locate the Sign in and Register icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on “Register”. This would take you to a Login information page.
- Make your pick on which path of registration you want by clicking on “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with email” to set up your account.
- Enter your active email address, your first name & last name, and a preferred password of your choice in the respective space provided.
- Click on “Save”. A page asking you to activate your Google Digital Skills for Africa account would be displayed.
- Go to your email inbox and click on the link sent there to activate.
If you have clicked on the link, you would be taken to a page that confirms your email has been verified and you can now sign in to Google Digital Skills for Africa with your new account.
Google Digital Skill For Africa Certificate
At the end/ completion of a course, there is a certification that is accredited to the trainee. After having applied for a course on the Google Digital Skill For Africa, you are expected to follow through with the course.
To fully complete a course, a trainee must have done series of quick quizzes, assignments, tests, and have been able to pass the 40-question examination. Going through these and passing would make you eligible for a Google certificate. You could get your certificate downloaded and then showcased.
Getting certified, shows employers that you have a clear understanding of the core concepts of digital marketing. The qualification of the certification received could also be added to your CV, and easily uploaded to your LinkedIn profile. This Google certification could go a long way to help your career, and also your business whichever way you put it to use.