Speaking of the Facebook New Dating Feature, Facebook Dating has been around for quite a while now. Recently, new features have been added to this dating feature as a sweetener. With this platform, it is not just about dating anymore as they are trying to make sure you enjoy making use of the dating feature. This is one of the major reasons why new features have been added. With the implementation of these new features, dating on the platform has become more fun at the same time very easy.
Facebook as one of the most popular social networks is never left behind when it comes to growth and updates. Shortly after the creation of the Marketplace, the dating feature was released. Facebook dating is one of the interesting features within the Facebook platform where users create profiles to find love. Making use of the dating feature is simple, free, and fast. To top it all, this dating feature can be used by any individual who has an account with the platform. Keep reading below to learn some of the Facebook New Dating Features.
Facebook New Dating Feature
We all know, finding a romantic partner is deeply personal and so we must be very careful. Below are some of the features available on the dating feature.
- Easily select information on your original Facebook profile you would like to feature.
- You won’t see anyone you have blocked or you are already friends with when matching or finding dates.
- For more flexibility, a separate dating profile will be created for you. This profile is personal and can help keep your privacy as no regular user who does not use the dating feature will know or have a hint about it.
- Users can pick who they are interested in dating (eg trans men, trans women and so on).
- If you want to pinpoint a date, you could be specific by adding a location, gender, height, religion, job title, company and so on. That is not the end of it; you could also select if you are interested in dating someone who already has kids. If so, you could also specify the number of kids.
- Users have the ability to display their gender identity. They could display their gender identity as cis, trans, nonbinary and so on.
- You could add up to nine photos to your profile in addition to an ice breaker question.
- There is a heart and an “X” button users can click on rather than swiping left or right like other dating apps.
- A secret crush feature to add people you secretly crush on.
Above are some of the features of using the Facebook dating feature. There are several other features you would get to know when you begin using the dating feature.
Facebook Dating Service
Facebook dating service is an opt-in service which allows users to create separate dating profile find love. It is free and easy to use. It is most times mistaken as an app. Well, the service is inbuilt within the Facebook official app, that is to say, users don’t need to download a separate app. The service is compatible with any device type including iOS and Android devices. The service is not yet available worldwide, just in few locations including the US, which is a recent addition.
How does Facebook Dating Feature work
Facebook is popular and by that, it connects billions of individuals from across the world together. The Facebook dating feature works in a very simple and straight forward way. It helps Facebook users to dating and meet their potential loves. The service works independently from your Facebook profile. This feature is a free feature. This means you do not have to pay a dime to make use of it. In addition to that, it has a user-friendly interface.
Login to Facebook to Use Facebook for Dating
Using Facebook for dating is simple and can only be done when you’re logged into your account. The service is not available in the desktop version only smartphones. That’s users need to be signed into their Facebook profile on the mobile app. To log in, follow the instructions below;
- Open the mobile application for Facebook.
- Tap on Sign in and fill in your details.
- Input your phone number or email address and password on the text box indicated.
- Tap on login.
The account will be loaded on the phone immediately. You can reset your password immediately if you’ve lost it. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can create one by visiting Facebook sign up page.
Facebook Dating Profile – How to create a Facebook Profile for dating
Creating a Facebook dating profile is simple and free. Your dating profile is the access you have to use the service and connect with your crush. It is a totally separate profile from your Facebook profile. To create your dating profile, follow the steps below;
- Sign in to your Facebook account and head to your Timeline. You can do this by tapping on your username or profile picture.
- You should find a “Heart” icon at the top of the page. If you can’t find the heart icon, then the dating feature is not yet available in your country.
- Tap on the tap to get started.
- Select your gender and the ones for who you want to be matched.
- Confirm your location and include a brief description of yourself.
- From the tiles that will be displayed, select one.
- Each tile is either a question or an answer.
- Tap on the question you would wish to be displayed on your profile and give an interesting answer.
- Lastly, include quality photos of yourself.
Review and confirm the settings you made and you are set. The profile will be created and you can now be found by other users finding love.